Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 tortoiseshelly:

 tortoiseshelly: Back in the saddle again...

« Inspiration Station...  (Related)   |
Main  (Related) 

 Wednesday, April 25, 2007
 Back in the saddle again...

 Well, as I said, I'm making small changes.  This week's goals:

 Follow Weight Watcher's Core Plan  - I've done the Flex points tracking the past, but after reading the link over at Fluid Pudding  (Related)   to this recipe  (Related)  , I thought I'd give the core plan a try. (I'm such a copycat.) It helps that even before the recent kick in the pants, Jeff and I had begun trying to incorporate the types of foods on the Core plan food list anyhow, particularly with respect to eliminating as much sugar/white flour as possible. You'd be amazed at how many items contain high fructose corn syrup when it's not even necessary. Take the stairs at work at least twice a day  - I park on level 3 (it's an underground parking garage) and my office is on the second floor, so that's 5 flights up to work, 5 flights down.  Who knows, maybe it will add up eventually. It certainly can't hurt. Commit to working out at least 3 times this week  - I've already knocked one workout down yesterday, doing the Biggest Loser workout #3 (it's on the DVD). I generally like the workouts on this DVD, but will also want to get outside. For me, this probably means walking, for the most part, but I'm considering a bike or some roller blades. I also read a really interesting article on orienteering  (Related)   a couple of weeks ago, which sounds like it's right up my alley.  There is a North Texas Chapter  (Related)  , so I'm going to have to give it a try at some point. They have a training manual  (Related)  , although I admit I've not read it at this point. I'm starting small, remember? This orienteering stuff can start once I'm well along the path of getting fit, especially given that the season is almost over here in Texas.

 For those of you who might be jumping on the bandwagon with me, the Whole Foods cookbook is a great place to get some Core foods recipe ideas. I made the Chicken Toscana with White Beans, and it was fabulous. I modified the recipe only by amping up the garlic and just using the herbs I already had on hand, which for me was basil and italian parsley. I served it on a bed of fresh baby spinach leaves to work in some more vegetables.

 Finally, I found that Google offers some nifty little
widgets
  (Related)   if you want to personalize your home page by adding a health or fitness tab, including a Weight
Watchers points tracker, a water tracker, weight tracker, etc. I
haven't found anything yet that I like for keeping track of workouts,
but if you find something, I'd love to hear about it.

 TrackBack

 TrackBack URL for this entry:

 http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/206867/17999112

 Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Back in the saddle again...  (Related)  :

 Comments
 Post a comment

 
If you have a TypeKey or TypePad account, please
Sign In  (Related) 

 Name:

 Email Address:

 URL:

 
Remember personal info?

 Comments:

 Flickr
www.flickr.com  (Related)  flick r
 Weight Loss Totals
 Week 4: 3.2 lbs.
 Week 3: unknown (vacation)
 Week 2: unknown (vacation)
 Week 1: 4.2 lbs.
 To Date = 7.4 lbs
 
Powered by TypePad  (Related) 

 
Member since 11/2004

No comments: