Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 Diet

 Diet Fitness Health Nutrition Wellness - MY Holistic Health Coach » Sack the Sweats, Lose the leggings Summer 2007

 Our new book is set
to release this summer! The book will be
available in both ebook and leather bound
format, and will be announced here once
it is released!
 Free Tips & information

 Subscribe to  Harmonies -  Your
Holistic Health Coach's  bimonthly newsletter focused on your
health and wellness.

 Harmonies provides you with great, tasty *healthy*
recipes, "mind aerobics", fitness tips, and spiritual points to assist
you in balancing your whole health.

 Email Address:  First Name:  Last Name:  Gender:  -- Select -- Female Male I want to receive Harmonies/CHAI
Life from My Holistic Health Coach

 Search



  

 Subscribe via RSS

RSS feed  (Related)  RSS feed

 Eating breakfast can cut down on your desire for high-calorie foods later on in the day AND boost your metabolism! Even if you''re not used to eating breakfast, try eating a meal in the morning consisting of whole grains and protein for thirty days to see if you notice a difference.

 Your Holistic Health Coach



Sack the Sweats, Lose the leggings  (Related) 

 What do you wear when you are tuning your body?

 First, let me say - I’m a front runner candidate for “What Not to Wear” on TLC. I practically live in my work out clothes because of the nature of what I do locally (in person sessions almost always include some sort of physical activity, whether it’s Qigong, Yoga, strength training, or cardio). If you watch the show, you probably know Stacy and Clinton’s feelings on workout wear. The practical side of me says it’s crazy to wear multiple outfits every day, so, I usually dress in the morning for my entire day’s schedule!

 With that being said…..I know that many of my clients also wear either leggings or sweat pants or some variation….For me, leggings, even though they don’t block my flow or hinder movement, didn’t quite fit with my modest views. I hated working out at the gym with leggings on, and definitely wouldn’t teach class with them on. After all, when I’m working, I don’t want my clothing distracting my clients. And when I’m working out, I don’t want to be the focus of anyone in the gym!

 On the other hand, sweats look, well, sloppy - especially for me. I can’t buy my regular smalls or even a go up to the next size in sweats since I’m 5′ 10″. If I even attempt it, I will look like I’m ready for the next great flood. So, I learned a little secret from my niece how to find pants (sweat pants in particular) that would cover my long legs. Of course, the downside to that is that they are still much to big for me, so, they were very sloppy looking.

 So, what’s a stylish girl to do? We want to look good at work, when working out, and at play, right? I am excited to say that I’ve found a solution - thanks to one of my wonderful clients!

 I was recently introduced to the most wonderful company that solved ALL that, and had to share them with you. Actually, one of my clients introduced me to this company by wearing a pair of their pants to one of our sessions. She is tall, like I am, and has the same length issues in pants. When I saw her, I have to admit I was really skeptical - I didn’t think there was any possibility that she would be able to get through the entire session, which included yoga that day, with those pants on. I mean, really - she looked like she could leave our session and head straight to the office! The pants were crisp but flowed and were feminine in their flow. I was shocked when she was able to keep up during the yoga section of our session, with the most complex, “flexibility required” asanas. All the while, looking so pulled together and picturesque in these pants!

 After our session, I asked her about the pants. I could see the quality, but, was amazed at how lovely they looked while still being extraordinarily movement-oriented. She told me that she bought the pants at Girl Skirt Mission  (Related)  . So, I made myself a note to check them out and WOW….first, you’ve GOT to take a look at their flash movie/demo on the Girls Skirt Mission home page  (Related)   - it has a great message! Then, get shopping (after the movie plays, click on the “skip demo” link so that you can get into the site OR, click on the first link above - which skips the flash movie and gets you to where you want to go!)

 I now have 2 pairs of their wrap pants - INCREDIBLE! I can slip them on first thing in the morning and work from my studio, go to in person client sessions, give a seminar, or go to an event in the same pants - these are FABULOUS! The pants (and I think the skirts - although, I haven’t ordered a skirt yet), are created from handloom cotton - it feels like the cashmere of cotton…soft and flowing, lovely against the skin. It has ALL the great benefits of cotton, but, they definitely don’t look like work out wear! That’s where another of the great features of the pants come into play:

 All the wrap pants have a reinforced gusset (crotch area), so even the most flexible moves can be done without worrying about your clothing’s response! Love that!

 The pants are preshrunk and because they wrap, there is a several size range that everyone can wear. They do state that if you are 5′ 10″ or above, you should buy XL or above. Now, you all know that with my size 6 frame, I don’t EVER buy an XL…but, I thought maybe, since these pants are designed to “wrap”, it would be ok….and they look so wonderful, and feel even better. Better yet, for all you tall folks (like me), they are LONG ENOUGH! Hurray - finally a company that understands there are tall people in the world!

 The wrap of the pants is wonderful - and will definitely create a long lean line on almost everyone. And, maybe even better than all the rest, it’s easy to feel like a girl in these pants.

 So, go ahead…..surf over to Girl Skirt Mission  (Related)   and get a few pairs of the wrap pants and as they say….wear these skirts (and wrap pants) when you are feeling full or life, or when you forget you are full of life - to remind you love your life, love your skirt (or wrap pants!).

 No Comments »

 No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.  (Related)  RSS

 Leave a comment

 Name (required)

 Mail (will not be published) (required)

 Website



 Copyright @ 2004-2007
Your Holistic Health Coach & Saving Grace Enterprises. All Rights
Reserved.

  •
Privacy Policy
  (Related)   •
Terms Of Use
  (Related)   • Important
Disclaimer
  (Related)  •HOME  (Related)     •
PRIVATE
HOLISTIC HEALTH COACHING
  (Related)     • HOLISTIC
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMS & EVENTS
  (Related)     •
HOLISTIC
HEALTH & WELLNESS
  (Related)      • CONTACT
US
  (Related)     • CLIENT
LOGIN
  (Related) 

No comments: