Saturday, July 7, 2007

 My

 My classmates aged, but not me, of course REMEMBER WHEN Kansas City Star, The - Find Articles

 FIND  IN free and premium articles free articles only premium articles only this publication Arts Autos Business Health Home & Garden News Reference Sports TechnologyAdvancedSearch  (Related) 

saveprint  (Related) share  (Related) link

 My classmates aged, but not me, of course REMEMBER WHEN
 Content provided

 in partnership with

  I t's that time of year where you doll up and trek off to the class reunion -- where name tags are vital if you want to try to remember anybody you shared secrets with, bared your soul to and loved and hated equally.

  A few weeks back was the big day for me at my alma mater, Bonner Springs High School. I looked at last year's pictures to ensure I didn't wear the same outfit. No such thing as buying anything new on a fixed income with lopsided allocation for prescription drugs.

  Satisfied I hadn't been seen in public with the chosen outfit for some years, I slid into a pantsuit, applied extensive makeup, squeezed on some sandals despite the edema and then fired up the old four-door Buick.

 I wrote down my maiden name and married name on my nametag. I got a squeal ...





















No comments: